Have you been working on Ichigo or Marshmallow for the past few weeks?
No time! :OOO
No worries! We have gotten ready for you a free bunny pattern that is achievable within a week, just in time for Easter!
This time, we’re going to use Sirdar Snuggly DK yarn to make this little bunny called Toki. It is small and cute and you may attach it as a keychain to your bag. Bring it wherever you travel and you’ll never feel alone!
Snuggly DK, just like what it’s name suggest, is really REALLY snuggly! No joke. One of my students, Jane, is currently using our Snuggly yarn to make her Marshmallow and the turnout is really sweet!
Hope to see her completed bunny done in time for Easter!
Recently, I’ve also remade my Lazy Unicorn – Yuni Chan – using the beautiful colours from Snuggly. It is really soft and cuddly! The colours are very pastel. Seems like Crown has found itself a competitor!
This is an easy pattern provided that you have already attended our Tiny Rabbit Hole’s Beginner (Level 2) workshops or equivalent! If you have not, feel free to visit our Youtube to learn how to crochet a simple round ball.
If you would like to have a set of our Basic Crochet Toolkit, you may check them out here.
DK yarn in White #251 (Sirdar Snuggly DK)
Pastel pink felting wool for the cheeks and ears [optional]
7mm black safety eyes
2.5mm 4/0 Tulip crochet hook (made in Japan)
Felting needle [optional]
Yarns, supplies, and tools can be found here.
Abbreviations (US Terms)
sc single crochet
(do 2sc in the same st twice)
dec invisible decrease
(combine 2 sts into 1)
- Our amigurumi are mostly done in continuous rounds starting with a Magic Ring. You don’t need to end with a slip stitch. Do use a stitch marker to mark the last stitch of every round at all times.
- You may wish to download the Counter+ app to help you with your counting.
- Please crochet the stitches tightly to prevent the polyfiber stuffing from showing. However, do not crochet too tightly otherwise it’ll be difficult to continue.
- Be sure to push the washer down only the first screw of the safety eye to prevent bulging.
- Always stuff your amigurumi firmly till the point that it feels bouncy.
- Always leave a long tail for sewing.
- When felting, ensure that the needle is perpendicular to object.
R1 sc 5 into magic ring……… (5sts)
R2 [inc] 5x……………………….. (10sts)
R3 [sc 1, inc] 5x……………….. (15sts)
R4 [sc 2, inc] 5x……………….. (20sts)
R5 [sc 3, inc] 5x……………….. (25sts)
R6-10 sc 25 (5 rounds)……….(25sts)
R11 [sc 3, dec] 5x…………….. (20sts)
R12 [sc 2, dec] 5x…………….. (15sts)
Attach the safety eyes between R9 and 10, 7 sts between the eyes. Start stuffing and continue as you go.
R13 [sc 1, dec] 5x……………… (10sts)
R14 [dec] 5x……………………… (5sts)
Cut the yarn and pull the yarn tail through the last stitch all the way. Sew the remaining stitches closed and weave in all ends.
Ears (make 2)
R1 sc 5 into magic ring……….. (5sts)
R2 [inc] 5x…………………………. (10sts)
R3-7 sc 10 (5 rounds)…………. (10sts)
Cut the yarn and pull the yarn tail through the last stitch all the way. Do not stuff.
Sew on the ears using the yarn needle; use the sewing pins to hold the ears in place. To create a little dent in the ears, pinch the base of the ears a little before sewing.
[optional] You may add blusher below the eyes and on the ears using a pink blusher, or run a felting needle with pink felted wool onto the ears. You may use black embroidery thread and an embroidery needle to sew eyelashes at the corner of the eyes.
Don’t have the materials?
You may purchase Toki the Bunny Material Kits here. It includes all the materials that you’ll require for the project to make 5 Toki bunnies and a free PDF pattern. If you would like to have a nicely formatted pattern, you may purchase it at our online store at SGD$1.99 only. Have fun and do tag us if you photograph your masterpiece!
Some other projects you can do for Easter:
Happy crocheting and happy Easter!
- This is not a sponsored post. All reviews and opinions are solely based on the author’s taste =) If you would like us to feature you, please write in to us at hello@tinyrabbithole. Thank you!
- The patterns and photos here are copyrighted. Please do not copy and paste the pattern and take it as your own. You may share this post as it is. For more information about our copyright terms, please check here.
- Enjoy and share your pics with us via Instagram or Facebook. If you’re using our pattern, please tag and hashtag us at @tinyrabbithole. Thank you!